"How to Be Great at Public Speaking and Get Paid for It"
"I couldn't believe it when I got my first check."
I'm writing this after getting back from a long bike ride. I have a really
cool high-tech bike that I just love. Plus it gives me some exercise after I've
been sitting too long in front of this computer.
Do you know what really makes me mad? It's when I see someone who read a
couple of books on presentation skills and then they call themselves a speaking
Yes, it's true that some of the best coaches, especially in sports, were not
always the best players, but when it comes to learning speaking skills there is
just no way you can train someone else unless you've been on stage quite a few
In fact, incompetent training has made fools of some big name speakers who
bombed after taking the advice of some of the "book learned coaches."
Most people that try to get into the speaking business lose money and
disappear quickly. If you are one of the ones that do make money,
congratulations, but there are many new ways to turn your knowledge into really
It's relatively easy to pull in $100,000.00 plus a year in the speaking
business working from home (if you know exactly what to do and how to do it.)
I'd like to help. You'll discover the most advanced and modern speaking tips,
genius techniques (the audience will think you are one) and strategies used by
top speakers around the world. I want you to find out how you can be one of those top
This website will help you get all the tricks of the trade and show you the
best working techniques for:
- Getting paid speaking engagements.
- Getting higher fees when you speak.
- Doubling or tripling the value of each speaking engagement.
- Using high tech but easy to use electronic time savers that cost only
$1.00 per month.
- Getting clients to call you.
- Making back of the room products quickly and inexpensively.
- Pre-selling products so you don't have to haul them to each speaking
- Easy and cheap electronic marketing techniques so that people around the
world know your name.
Over the past 12 years I've tried everything when it comes to marketing
speaking engagements . . . networking, mailing, cold calling, free demo
speeches, speaker showcases, and every wild and crazy method I could think of.
I've figured out what works and what doesn't work.
And, of all the businesses I've owned, and I've owned quite a few, this one
has the best lifestyle and makes the most money for the effort expended. I make
more money in a day now than I used to make all month. I know small business and
I know the speaking business. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
As a successful speaker (I've done over 2100 paid presentations) I can tell
you that the "so called" presentations coaches simply can't be
credible unless they have had significant platform time and have the ability to
really WOW an audience. I've run across plenty that have been speaking for 20
years as part of their job, or in the military and they still stink. How can
they teach you if they don't know how to do it themselves?
Now don't get me wrong. There are some fine coaches out there, but many have
a purely theoretical approach and don't have a clue about what works in front of
today's short attention span audiences.
I know they don't. I've talked to many of them. I've seen their proposals and
heard their theories. Ask them how many times they've been paid to speak. Ask
them what big events featured them. You'll hear quite a bit of back peddling.
That's because their biggest event was reading about a speech Cicero did.
This is a Great Business
I used to make $75.00 per speech and kill myself doing 4 or 5 a day just to barely make a
living. NOW, by using the techniques I've learned, I just raised my fee so I make
$9500.00 per speech / $10,500.00
per day, and travel the world accepting only the best gigs. Just think what it would mean
to you and your family if you grabbed that same kind of success.
Real People / Real Money
You've probably been bombarded with offers for books, tapes, and seminars that promise
giant earnings and no work. Not very believable right? Speaking and
training are real business
services that are used by corporations, associations, schools, churches and other
organizations. There are many other people in the country who make a decent living this
way. I happen to be one of them. If you don't believe me about
the money paid for speakers, type in the term "Speakers Bureau" in one of
the major search engines. This will take you to websites where people go to hire speakers.
Many of the websites have fee ranges listed. You'll be shocked to see the amounts of money
corporations and associations pay speakers that you probably never heard of.
The Perfect Business
The speaking business can be done part time or full time. You don't have
to quit your job and you can run your speaking business from a small area of
your home with virtually no overhead. You can travel if you want AND the
client pays the bill, or you can stay in your home area and sleep in your own bed every
night. . . . The choice is yours.
You can go full time speaking when you feel the time is right.
Imagine sitting at home watching daytime TV and the phone rings. It's
someone asking if you are available to speak to their group two months from now. You fax
them the agreement and they send you a deposit check like the one below to guarantee they
can get you. You could be pulling $5500.00 per week for a few hours work. Their money is
in your bank account working for you and you've got two months to think about what you are
going to say.
Tom, this sounds too good to be true. Show me the money.
This check just came in (note date July 14th). $5500.00 Payment in full in
ADVANCE for one hour and 15 minutes! (Sorry for the blurriness. Checks are hard to scan.)
Here's a 50% deposit one week later on a full day ($6500.00) to be
delivered in August.
What a great birthday present! (note date 7/26 Tom's
birthday) This is the balance of the speech to be given in August.
Everything is paid in advance. All I have to do is deliver . . . .and I
If you like to travel, this business provides lots of opportunities for you to go and have
the client pick up the bill. This past year, besides all the "Plain Jane"
cities, I've been to Montreal, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Atlantic City, New York, Miami,
Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Bermuda, Monterrey, Mexico
AND here are two of my favorites:
1. I spent 4 days in Honolulu, Hawaii to do a 20 minute speech . . . . Hey somebody has
to do it!
2. I spent 11 days in Thailand to do a one hour speech and a 20 minute press
conference. I traveled all first class and stayed in Five Star Hotels. And Boy did I have
fun in Bangkok!!!
Oh! I forgot. I'm scheduled to speak in Morocco in November.
On a couple of the deals I was able to negotiate an extra airfare so I could take
someone else with me. What a way to get a FREE vacation!
Cruise on by
Did you know that you could trade a few on board speeches for cruises all over the world?
Cruise lines use "enrichment speakers" AND these speakers don't ride in the
engine room like the hired help. It's first class all the way. Last year I had my choice
of over 100 cruises (I didn't take any because the shortest one was two weeks long and one
was "around the world" in 90 days. I would have lost too much money
missing other speeches).
Tom, I'm getting pretty comfortable speaking at small gatherings, but I'm not really comfortable speaking to large groups
Want to hear something that will be unbelievable to you? Johnny Carson had severe stage
fright every day he walked on to the Tonight Show stage. (For you youngsters out
there, Johnny Carson was the guy that was there for the 30 years preceding Jay Leno) Sir
Laurence Olivier had virtually debilitating stage fright and still he was one of the best
actors ever. There are simple strategies to help control the natural anxiety of
speaking in front of groups. Don't forget you won't be nervous at all depositing those Big
Plus: Don't worry. Lots of the income
will come while you lounge around at home.
Half or more of the income from this business comes from extremely high profit
educational materials. Example: my book Wake 'em Up Business
Presentations costs me $2.00 to print and sells for $24.95. That's a 1200% profit. I
get orders for this book every day by phone, fax, Email and directly off my website. I
don't even have to leave the house. You can learn how to
stimulate demand for products while you sit at home in your bathrobe.
Tom, I don't have a clue what I would talk about to corporations and
It doesn't matter what you've been doing with your life, or what you do for a living.
Chances are, you've learned something. You may not realize what it is yet. But I guarantee
you, there is something you know that others will PAY to have YOU teach them.
You will learn how to turn your expertise and life experiences into
salable topics that will mean CASH for you and your family.
Where could you be?
Let me tell you what could happen to you if you become a paid speaker. You could own that house
and car you've always dreamed about (I paid cash for my white Mercedes). You could travel
extensively anywhere you want to go and have someone else pick up all the expenses. Your
whole outlook on life could change. Can you imagine the feelings you will get when someone
comes up to you after a speech and tells you that you changed their life? . . . I don't have to
imagine it because it happens to me. I want you to experience that feeling too. . .
. How about the first time someone asks you to sign their book for them? I was
uncomfortable with it at first, but I got used to real fast in Dallas, Texas when I had
250 people lined up around the block to get my signature.
You better be ready for a sharp jump in your social activities. When you are the star of
impactful speeches you'll start getting invitations to parties, people will ask you to
lunch, you'll get FREE theatre tickets, tours and lots of other freebies. I've gotten
books, tapes, CDs, movie tickets, dinners, fine pens, polo shirts, pet supplies,
vacations, cameras, computer programs, telephones, all kinds of coupons for FREE stuff. I
even got a behind the scenes tour of the White House which included the Oval Office
. . . . and no it wasn't an "intern" giving me the tour hahaha. . . . It
was a Secret Service agent who saw me speak. This is just a sampling. I couldn't possibly
remember all the things given to me because I was "the speaker." People admire someone who
can stand up and move a crowd to action. They want to brag that you use their products.
They want to be around you hoping some of your brilliance will rub off on them.
If you are single, you could have just about all the dates you could possibly handle.
Do a good job speaking and you are like a magnet to the opposite sex.
Tips If You Really Want to Make Money with Public Speaking
You must get people calling you to ask you to
I have devised a series of ways to get clients to call to ask me to speak,
order my products for their audience members, and to get to know me better
before they trust me to speak at their important event. I do absolutely NO COLD
Let me explain.
When you cold call someone you have to call 20 times to get through their
voice mail, and you never get return calls. If you do talk to someone (who is
probably not the decision maker anyway), you have to try to find out if they
have a need for speakers. If they don't have a need, you have to try to create a
need. If by some stroke of luck you are able to do that, then you have to find
out if they have any money. This is a massive exercise in frustration.
Contrast that scenario with this. I sit back and wait for the phone to ring .
. . well that's not entirely true. I sit back and leisurely work on ways that
good qualified clients will hear about me and call me to find out more (and I
sneak in plenty of time to read my bicycling magazines too).
When the client calls you, the whole nature of the call changes. They have
already seen you, read about you, or heard about you somewhere else so they are
"pre-qualified" in that they already are interested in what you do. If
you have set things up correctly, they already know you are a professional and
they know you charge for your services. Most of the time they are calling to see
if you are available on the date they want you to speak.
Once you set the wheels in motion you can get an endless stream of inquiries
for your speaking services and your tapes, books, CDs or whatever else you want
to sell. . . . everything is done automatically. You can literally
go on vacation and still have phone and Email sales and speaking requests coming
Why is getting away from cold calling so important in this kind of
Your speaking fee will be tied directly to the celebrity
image you are able to generate and CELEBRITIES DON'T COLD CALL!
I'm not talking about household name celebrity status like Garth
Brooks or Celene Dion. I'm talking about being extremely well known in your
chosen industry(s) to the point where people always want you to speak and they
buy any product you produce.
The time you would have spent cold calling will be spent in two
You will be creating more and more products to sell to your
target audience even further increasing your income potential.
You will be doing no-cost electronic promotions that will
spread your name all around the world.
Let me repeat what happens -- You get your name to appear in the
places where qualified prospects go. They read, see, or hear about you and call
to either ask for more information, or to hire you directly.
Facts and Figures
Professional level paid speaking is not a get rich quick scheme
or some kind of fad. For many years thousands and thousands of individuals from
all walks of life and with all kinds of educational and experience backgrounds
have made a very comfortable living speaking, training, consulting, coaching and
selling informational products.
Much of this can now be done from home. You don't always have to
be on the platform to make lots of money speaking. I'm making thousands of
dollars doing Telephone Seminars now sitting right at my desk in my shorts and
sporting a two day beard. . . . No power suit necessary to sell your
knowledge to hungry learners around the world.
According to the Speaking Industry Report by Lilly Walters
most speakers report that more than 51% of their income is derived from work
done off the platform. In other words from product sales, consulting and
coaching. For those of you that are nervous about speaking, this off stage work
can mean lots of income for you and your family and you never have to get
nervous before a speech. Your income is derived from selling your knowledge.
Now I don't want you to think that you can slap together a
program and jump on stage at $10,000.00 per speech and become an instant
millionaire. And don't think you are the next Tony Robbins or Zig Zigler either.
You are the next YOU and you must learn the professional techniques both these
speakers know so that you can be the next highly paid YOU.
Another survey noted that 8 out of 10 people working for a
living either want to, or are actively preparing to start their own business.
Are you in this group? Much of their resistance is that they either don't know
what to do or feel that all their experience will be wasted if they quit their
job or leave their industry. This couldn't be further from the truth in the
speaking business. All the experience you've gained in both life and in business
can be crafted into salable programs for the corporate and association
Again from the Walters Survey here are the average fees reported by working
professional speakers for different kinds of speeches.
National Keynote $9148.00
Local Keynote $5493.00
National Breakout Session $4952.00
Local Breakout Session $2926.00
The Walters survey showed that the number of available speaking
engagements is on the rise.
My fee as a non-celebrity speaker is $9500.00 This fee is more than double what it was
just three years ago and it would have been higher a lot sooner had I known what
I know now about the speaking business.
I make more in one hour than most people make in two months.
Hard to believe isn't it! But these kinds of fees are earned by speakers every
If that's not enough to convince you that speaking is lucrative,
then think about this. There are nearly 600 speakers bureaus in the world and they get paid on straight commission. They must book
speakers or they don't eat.
Rough estimates show that there are between 75,000 and 100,000
professional speakers in the U.S. alone and when you add trainers the number
goes up into the millions. Can you see how easy it is to get lost in the crowd?
It is absolutely essential that you stand above the rest if you really want to
get a good share of the business. Yes, you can probably eek out a living just
calling yourself a speaker/trainer and taking whatever low fee jobs come your
way, but who wants to just get by?
The field is so wide open that anyone with any kind of business
or life experience can make it and make it big in professional speaking. You
don't need a PhD or even college degree to be a great speaker. I know several
high school dropouts that went on to motivate and inspire audiences for years
and for big fees too. All it requires is that you learn some innovative and
intelligent techniques to be great on the platform and to market your products
Running a speaking business is fantastic if you do it right. Do you have any
idea what it costs to startup most retail businesses? Literally tens of
thousands of dollars or more. The speaking business can be operated full or part
time right from your home. You probably already have a computer. You don't even need
your own microphone unless you want one. The meeting planner always supplies
this. You probably even have the equipment necessary to make audio tapes on your
home stereo. They don't have to be fancy to make you lots of money.
How much will you need to start your speaking business? The
truth is that you can start it for under $50.00, but this means you will be
trying to find speaker meetings to attend every month (these aren't Toastmasters
meetings. These would be meetings of professional speakers which are much harder
to find) and trying to learn bits and pieces here and there. This is a very slow
process. You could intern for a professional speaker and do a bunch of low end
work in return for exposure to what it takes to run a speaking business. Again,
this could take a year or more if the speaker you worked for was kind enough to
help you learn while you were there.
If you had four or five thousand to blow you could get a
reputable coach to spend a day with you and pound you full of information. I
doubt seriously that much would stick. There is just too much to learn in one
You really have to watch out because as I told you earlier, many
of the people trying to teach speaking and speaker marketing have never done it
themselves. Finding good reliable information is the key to keeping your costs
down and not wasting money (I wasted $2700.00 in one shot on a brochure
and still have the color printing that was never used . . . .and it's twelve
I really learned my lesson. I'm very careful of where I
spend my money on marketing and my own training. I've made all the mistakes. I
don't want you to make them too.
Sometimes this information is so costly to learn that people
with good potential quit because they can't afford the "entry" fee.
What a shame!
Anyone can do this if they can get the right direction from a
credible source at a reasonable price.
Learn from the Best
Talk about learning from the best . . . Let me tell you how I learned how to
be really great on the platform (if I do say so myself). I was outgoing to start
with so I didn't have too much nervousness to overcome. I was also a comic
entertainer and learned lots about humor while doing that. I thought I would
easily become a top speaker so I tried hanging out my shingle as a speaker
thinking that the world would come beating on my door . . . . It didn't
I didn't know the techniques to be great during a professional presentation
and I definitely didn't know the marketing techniques necessary for this kind of
product. I would have starved to death had I not had money saved up.
So here's what I did.
I took the long slow route. I gave free speeches, but not much came of that.
I got a mentor, but I couldn't really dominate his time that much. I went to
speaker's meetings which were great, but they were only once a month and usually
only covered one niche topic. If I was already good at that topic, then another
month would have to go by until I would get a shot at another topic that I
The smartest thing I did . . .
I became the tape librarian for the local professional speaker's chapter. I
had access to hundreds of hours of audio tapes specifically designed for
speakers. I heard the best-of-the-best tell how they did it. I heard examples of
their techniques and I heard lots and lots of techniques . . . . more than I
could use in a lifetime of speaking.
I must have listened to over a thousand hours of tapes. I started using the
techniques and gradually I got better and better and started getting hired more
and more at higher fees than I ever dreamed possible. I kept up the learning. I
paid $640.00 per hour to learn some of it. My speaking fee kept rising and other
speakers were begging me to help them with their speeches and marketing.
Speaker Marketing Tips
Here are some of the things I learned:
Easy ways to get business
- Push Marketing Techniques. To reach thousands of prospects at virtually no cost.
- 5 cool deals you can make to skyrocket your product sales.
- How to use "just in time" printing to save Thousands of dollars and close a
higher percentage of deals.
- How to double or triple the value of each speaking trip.
- Distinctive (and cheap) packaging ideas that get your stuff past the mailroom and opened
- No-cost media marketing methods that get new clients to call you.
- Advanced database marketing techniques . . . you'll know just who to call and exactly
when to call them.
- How to pre-sell products and educational materials so you don't have to schlep them with
you, OR sell from the platform.
- How to use hi-tech electronic time savers that cost only $1.00 per month.
- Website tips that get tons of prospects to your site.
- What to say and what NOT to say when marketing to associations and corporations. Never
put your foot in your mouth again.
Speaker Performance Tips
Easy performance techniques that get you high evaluations and referral business
- 3 ways to Make 'em Love ya before you even get to the state where you're speaking.
- How to do pre-program interviews that guarantee high evaluations.
- 4 ways to Bombproof your presentations.
- 2 cools ways to eliminate the need for notes.
- 5 criteria to predict the response of any audience.
- 3 great resources for dealing with an international audience.
- The best trick ever to eliminate Hecklers BEFORE they start to heckle.
- Seating techniques that triple the volume of laughter and interaction.
- Opening and closing formulas . . . all you have to do is fill in the blanks.
- Special tips, tricks and bonus lessons that make you look like a genius.
- 20 Story telling tips . . . just one of them will double the interest level of any
- How to use hypnotic emotional language to force people to action.
- 11 attention gaining devices . . . You'll make insomniacs out of your audience members.
- Fantastic props and prop handling techniques that will make you the talk of the meeting.
- Organization and cross-referencing of material so you can prepare talks quickly.
Easy Humor Techniques
- Humor formulas to Make 'em Laugh exactly when you want 'em to.
- 28 specific humor delivery techniques . . . no more wondering how to say a funny line.
- 33 ways to use humor . . . without telling jokes.
- See FREEZE FRAME VIDEO that will show you exactly where to look and how to act when
delivering funny material.
- 9 great sources for speaker humor.
The main thing I learned when I started speaking professionally is that I
didn't even know what I didn't know.
Here's what I mean.
Every profession has it's tricks of the trade. I used to burn up canister
after canister of propane and spend hours trying to fix copper pipes that had
frozen in my house in the winter. A plumber showed me a trick with a piece of
bread that took care of the problem in about 30 seconds. I would have never
known about that trick in a million years if he hadn't shown it to me.
Here are some of the tricks I learned about speaking professionally:
"Pre-Program Work, Introductions & Openings"
- Wake 'em Up Openings . . . Learn the exact techniques of surprise prop handling.
- Know your audience better than they know themselves with a sophisticated Pre-Program
- The number 1 secret Tom uses to GUARANTEE a home run presentation every time.
- How to use audience listening patterns to your advantage.
- Advanced Seating Methods for laughter, interaction and involvement.
- Tom's famous "Scorekeeper" technique to eliminate the need for notes.
- 5 criteria to predict the audience response to your material.
- International resources and concerns so you guarantee a connection with diverse
- Tom's TOP SECRET " *** asterisk *** " technique to eliminate hecklers BEFORE
they heckle. (Tom has to kill you if you reveal this to anyone) hahaha
- Advanced microphone handling techniques to put you in total control.
- What to do about distractions to turn them into OUTSTANDING parts of the program.
- Handling introductions professionally so you come on with a "bang."
- How to use "test humor" on the audience so your opening never bombs.
- 4 opening formulas. All you have to do is plug in the info.
- 3 Bonus Genius Techniques . . . They'll think you're your the highest ranking member of
"Bits, Bombproofing, Attention Gaining Devices, and
- The number one technique to eliminate notes and make you look like a polished pro.
- Attention gaining devices that guarantee your message will get through.
- Bombproofing techniques that guarantee your humor will never fail.
- Humor formulas you can use over and over again in each presentation.
- Pre-planned ad-libs . . . You'll look extremely polished when you know what to say when
something goes wrong.
- Prop handling AND an incredible value, wholesale source for cool props.
- How to use expanded voice inflection to double the interest of your talks.
- Advanced Question & Answer Techniques that will make you look like the most powerful
speaker on the program.
- Cool tricks and tips about using visuals that will make you fascinating.
- 3 no-brainer closing formulas . . . Easy & Powerful.
"Make 'em Laugh and Tons of Ways to Use
Humor WITHOUT Telling Jokes"
- Quotations. . . . How, when, and why to use someone else's words.
- Custom visuals . . . Masterful ways to make your visuals market for you long after
the presentation is over.
- Special instructions on using "the most powerful form of humor" to your BIG
- The Handiest Humor Formula and how to apply it whenever you want.
- Acting techniques for funny stories . . . Make your stories hilariously come alive!
- Punch line techniques . . . Deliver it properly and they laugh bigtime.
- Copy, without being a copycat . . . Use other people's humor with their blessing.
- Another humor formula you'll use over and over again to make your points.
- How to get your audience "ready" to laugh. . . . Be your own warm up act.
- How to make your point with "dumb questions" . . . and not look dumb doing it.
- How to play outrageous audience gags . . . so they will never forget you.
- Fun audience involvement techniques . . . These can be used to grab them anytime.
- How to use easy-to-find Jokebook Jokes . . . and make them work.
- How and why to whisper to one person . . . Watch the rest of them eavesdrop.
- Clothing tips for video and videoconferencing . . . Learn from Tom's embarrassing
- Learn how to use funny acronyms, cartoons, comic strips, comic verse, music, costumes,
one-liners, signs, places, maps, words, top 10 lists to generate laughter, excitement and
learning in your presentations.
- How to use copyrighted material legally and how to find copyright free material.
- Learn a great genius technique to use when your time gets cut.
- How to find 9 great sources for targeted humor.
- Learn the cheapest, sleaziest way to get a standing ovation . . . and make the meeting
planner happy you did it.
"Sources & Organization of Material and Storytelling
- 2 completely different and complementary ways to organize your material for quick
- How to cross-reference stories, humor and other material.
- Advanced practice techniques . . . forget about using a mirror.
- A cool "trick with a brick" . . . for evaluating your gestures.
- How to use your friends . . . for speech practice that is.
- Coaching suggestions so you don't get burnt.
- Toastmasters vs National Speakers Association
- How to identify a story . . . Hundreds surround you every day.
- 3 things to ask yourself after you identify a story.
- The best way to get into a story . . . Suck them in deep to reduce their resistance.
- The hows and whys of multiple length stories . . . Use the same story in lots of
- Specific techniques on adding emotional language to your talks to move people to ACTION!
- 10 dos and don'ts of storytelling . . . Use these to triple your effectiveness.
- Tom's maverick transition ideas . . . What in the heck is he going to do next?
- What to do about non-participant, participants . . . i.e., the cross-armed,
"Speaking 4 Money"
- 2 major entities that hire speakers . . . You've got to know their lingo or you could
blow it with just a few wrong words.
- The best results oriented resource book for speaker marketing . . . This is the icon of
- Lots of other proven and reliable ways to make money speaking.
- How to create in-demand educational materials and other easily salable speaker products
that will double your income . . . AND also keep money coming in while you're on vacation,
or if you ever get sick.
- Learn how to create a simple and contemporary Electronic Magazine (Ezine) designed for
today's computer crazy environment
- How to find hot speaker topics guaranteed to sell.
- How to become a credible expert on the topic of your choice . . . and have fun doing it.
- How to do simple title switching to sell more programs . . . "A program by any
other name would sound as sweet" (Thomas Shakespeare) hahaha.
- How to package yourself to look like a top pro . . . and do it on a bare bones budget.
- Learn cool insider details about video demonstration tapes.
- Discover the secrets of "one-sheets" and how this simple piece of paper can
make you and save you thousands of dollars.
- How to get rock 'em, sock 'em testimonials and use them to create SALES!
- Find out why meeting planners are terrified to book us . . . and what you can do about
- Ya gotta have 'em . . . Fee schedules, press kits, bios . . . You'll learn in 3 minutes
everything you need.
- Why you should try to immediately DISQUALIFY everyone who wants to hire you.
- Why you have to watch out for the "FED EX BANDITS!"
- Surefire tips to get articles published "about" you.
- Surefire tips to get articles published "by" you.
- How to Use high-tech Affiliate programs to increase product sales . . . while you are
- How to get a $5000.00 video demo tape for FREE . . . I've got 2 of them.
- How to recycle educational materials to quadruple your profits.
- Basic marketing for speakers . . . including cold calling (yuck), contract back,
commission-based, no fee previews and referrals.
- Website linking . . . cooperate with your friends and get more business for all.
- Using Bulk Email programs . . . without being a lowlife spammer.
"Advanced Speaker Marketing Tips."
Just one tip can make you or save you thousands of dollars.
- Electronic Newsletter Marketing. You'll reach thousands of prospects at virtually no
cost to you.
- How to raise your fee $1000.00 immediately and close more deals.
- A wild and crazy and coolest tip ever to pre-sell tons of product at banquets and
- How to market on airplanes . . . I did my last 20 booksignings at 31,000 feet.
- How to print program sheets one at a time (and make them look like they came from the
printer). This is WAY better looking than the "paper direct" method.
- How to use database marketing to significantly increase the value of each engagement
when you are on the road.
- Distinctive (and cheap) packaging ideas that make your promo materials stand out in the
- Media marketing methods . . .. When they see you, or hear you in the media they call and
ask "are you available?" . . . I love that. hahaha Plus I just got
called for a $100,000.00 contract from one mention in the Miami Herald.
- How to pre-sell large amounts of products and educational materials. No more breaking
your back hauling books and tapes around the country AND no shipping unsold stuff back
- Website tips that get 10,000 prospects per month to your site. . . . Last month I got
over 150,000 pageviews.
- How to use dirt cheap autoresponders to send out your marketing message to those who
want it . . . for only a dollar a month.
- What to say and what NOT to say when marketing to associations and corporations.
I've learned so much about the speaking business
I believe in "Waking People Up" when I speak. You can
do it too. You can learn:
- Over 1000 advanced speaking tips and techniques
- About Pre-program Questionnaires . . . The audience and planners will
virtually tell you what to say to get high evaluations.
- Comprehensive International International Speaking Techniques . . . Don't panic when you face a foreign audience.
- Heirloom Handouts . . . They'll keep them forever when you use these tips.
- The Lastest, Greatest Seating Methods . . . Easy to use diagrams.
- Professional Level Introductions . . . Advanced Template. You fill in the blanks.
- Wake 'em Up Openings . . . 4 types of formula openings so you'll always have a variety.
- Instantly Usable Speaker Material . . . .Some lines just never get old.
- Attention Gaining Devices . . . You'll make insomniacs out of the audience members when
you use these 11 simple techniques.
- Speaking Formulas . . . Why beat your head against the wall to develop material. Just
fill in the blanks.
- Hard Hitting Closings . . . When you deliver these, they'll know you were there.
- Material Selection . . . Learn how to make appropriate choices to suit any audience.
- Tons of Professional Level Delivery Tips . . . and I mean TONS!
- 51 Stage Fright Strategies . . . Simply pick the mix that calms you down.
- Timing . . . Learn the secrets of knowing when to pause.
- Humor Placement . . . Where does it go? When should I use humor? You won't have to
- 5 Genius Techniques . . . Move over Einstein. You've got the theory of relativity, but
I've got the microphone.
- Bomproofing . . . You'll never deliver a dud after your learn these tricks.
- Saver Lines . . . Learn what to say to turn a turkey into a swan.
- 100 Pre-planned ad-libs . . . You'll look like a quick wit when you use these lines.
- Stage Movement . . . Where's the power on stage. This section tells you.
- Clothing Tips . . . Patterns, solids, pockets, ties, jewelry . . . a potpouri of handy
- 6 Involvement Techniques . . . Audiences demand it . . . now you have lots of ways to
- Emotional Language . . . Learn how to pick your words to push their buttons.
- Practice Techniques . . . Fantastic tricks that make you look smooooooooth . . . and
they take no time at all.
- 34 Ways to Be Funny . . . and only 1 is has anything to do with
- Storytelling . . . You will really learn how to paint pictures in the audiences member's
minds . . . 27 dos and don'ts tell you how.
- Sources and Organization of Material . . . Find your stuff fast with these handy tips.
- Audio Visual Equipment . . . How to get the most out of the old standbys.
- Visual Design including the psychology of color . . . Kodak helped me
- Action Plan
- Speaker Resources
- Room Setup Checklists
- Tips for Television & Videotape and Videoconferencing
- Banquet / Luncheon Tips
- Speaking Glossary
- Giant Bibliography
- Technical & Financial Presentations
- Sales Presentations
- Tips for Women Presenters by 12 of the Top Female speakers in the USA
The tips, strategies and secrets mentioned in the above lists are the most
effective and modern techniques available anywhere to put your speaking business
on the fast track.
There are literally hundreds of different ways to get into the speaking
business. You will learn which ones are the easiest, fastest and most effective
and which are a waste of time. I will show you step-by-step, how to make insane
profits marketing your speaking products and services. I will also show you all
the secrets of being awesome when you step on the platform.
No nonsense, no deep theory . . . just plenty of proven techniques that are
easy to implement and work in the real world.
You don't need to be a great orator. You don't need any long and boring
theory classes. You can start earning some income from your knowledge and experience
literally within the first week and you'll get better and better the longer
you're at it.
I'll show you techniques that make it possible for anyone to start cashing in
today in the speaking/training market. I cut through the fog and show you what
it really takes to consistently make money with your knowledge and experience.
I learned this from consistently making thousands of dollars month in and
month out with a remarkably simple auto-pilot system. And almost anyone can
duplicate this success. Once you get your auto-pilot system set up, you can
spend your time creating more products to sell to your ever increasing
And the real beauty of this is that I do all the above sitting at my desk in
my shorts and T shirt. I usually have my feet up on the side of the desk too. No
power suit every day. No fighting traffic and if I don't like someone, I
don't have to deal with them.
Most people want a get rich quick scheme and expect to make money overnight.
Others are more realistic and believe they will be lucky to make any in the
first six months. Most of the time the latter is true . . .however, I you could
easily start turning a profit a week after you create your first
speech and informational product. Once you get the method down, you can repeat
it over and over whenever you feel like it. Get your auto-pilot system going and
you'll get new people . . . hundreds of them per month . . . wanting
your ideas, products and services and you'll be on your way to huge profits in
the speaking business.
If you don't think you have a topic right now or information that people
would want to buy, you are wrong. I will show you how to turn your life
experience and knowledge into salable topics that people will pay for.
Here is What Other People Say
"You are an absolute genius! The more I work my way through your ideas, the more amazed I am.
"Want to let you know that I really love your regular newsletter by email
(your website is good too, but I find the regular hints and tips particularly useful).
Your guidance has helped me to breathe new life into my presentations and focus more on my audience."
Data Protection & Security Officer, Information Systems Strategy Unit
"I have read half your book and LOVE IT. It is by far the best presentation skills book I have ever read, and I think I've read them all.
-- There are so many gems in this I can't believe it. You did a fabulous, generous job. Congratulations."
National Speakers Association member
I recently received your newsletter that I enjoy reading and using the tips from...
The dueling flip charts was fantastic. I has a presentation to some aspiring managers two days later,
an extra flip chart and had some great fun and learning opportunities all round.
"Tom's program and materials will cut five years
off a speaker's learning curve."
Cavett Robert, Founder, National Speakers Association
"Wake 'em Up teaches you to be irresistible as a
Mark Victor Hansen, Co-Author of the #1 New York Times Best-selling series,
Soup for the Soul
"Mastering the skills in Tom's program will
virtually guarantee you will always be in demand as a speaker."
Dottie Walters, President, Walters International Speakers Bureau, Co-Author
and Grow Rich
"I went ahead and popped the first videocassette in
the VCR. The very first tip is worth at least double the cost of the System."
Patrick Wahl, DMD, MBA
National Speakers Association member
"Some speakers need polish in our presentation skills, others (like me) need polish in our marketing skills. Tom's program does an awesome job of doing both. Take a chance on these materials and you will gain something worthwhile -- maybe lots of things!"
Rod Jurado, Managing Director
The Profitable Group
Get the Experts Advice
What do you think is the fastest way to double or triple your profits in the
speaking business? I have learned over many agonizing years of expensive trial
and error, that the fastest and easiest way is to . . . model someone
who is already successful.
But how do you do this? How can you convince someone who is wildly successful
to take their extremely valuable time to tell you and show you exactly what
steps they take . . .the techniques they use . . and to tell you what works and
doesn't work for them? Why would they provide you with complete information
about their tricks of the trade?
Unless you have a tremendous amount of money to spend in order to hire the
most successful speakers in the world . . you won't have access to the secrets
that could skyrocket your business into an overnight success.
The thing is . . . you don't have to waste your money or your time. We've done
it for you! We've discovered and tested dozens of insider techniques and tricks
that will help you increase your profits exponentially . . . and in record time!
Stop risking all your time, effort and money! Let the experts show you
hundreds of proven and time tested ways to get your speaking business going
FAST! so you can start the profits rolling in.
You can catapult your profits to a new level with these insider secrets and
strategies that can be applied immediately to your business.
Why not invest in your ability to take control of your profits, increase your
lifestyle and make a substantial amount of money simply because you chose to get
yourself The Wake 'em Up Professional Speaking System so that you can
discover the secrets of turning your knowledge and experience into
The Wake 'em Up Speaking System consists of two large binders
containing over 7 hours of video on 6 VHS tapes (NTSC or PAL format) and
the Wake 'em Up! 336 page Reference Book. The entire system contains
over 1000 tips and techniques you need to know to be a top professional speaker.
You also get The Wake 'em Up!
77 page action guide to lead you easily through the system. You can get right
down to business the minute you receive it.
Why I quit giving guarantees. I have a long history of helping speakers.
What I have found is that the people who buy this system on a lark or just
to see what I have to say are either ripoffs or don't have much chance of
I only want to deal with people who are deadly serious about learning how
to thrive in a new career. Sure, I don't mind if you just want to dabble in
speaking, but I'm not going to send you my hard earned knowledge so you can
steal it and then ask for a refund when you come up a little short for
Christmas money. I'm also not going to spend time with you on the phone
trying to help you. I get $500.00 per hour for that now. I'm sorry, but I'm
not giving up my time for free and you won't want to give your hard earned
knowledge away either when I teach you what I'm going to teach you.
value you will be receiving in this system comes from the knowledge from the
books, audio tapes, video tapes and CD's. It's just like in the magic
industry. You absolutely can't return magic tricks, videos, props, etc. because
once you know the trick you got the value. So make sure you really want this for
you and your family because this product in non-refundable.
I will, however,
be glad to certify that every single thing written in the description above is
in the system. If you buy the system and challenge me on the above statement,
I'll be glad to take the time to point out where the item is in the course. If I
show you something that you're challenging, you agree to pay me for my time.
How's that? Is that fair? But guess what. I don't want to do that. I want you to
study and apply the techniques and get the success your deserve if you work at
Here's two notes I got in the same week from two people who bought the
same system you are buying (along with my thoughts about what they wrote):
"Tom, I'm returning the system because I didn't realize it was this involved to
become a speaker."
Name withheld to protect the moronic
My thoughts: YOU DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS
THIS INVOLVED??? Well where was your mind when we did your first one hour
consultation when I said at least 10 times "this is a lot of work and no get
rich quick scheme?" Were you just BSing me when YOU said "Yes, absolutely I'm
willing to do all the work and whatever it takes to become a professional
"Tom, Just wanted to let you know what happened today. It must have turned out
ok:) Matt and I received a thunderous standing ovation!! Matt
played without missing a note, and I had them both laughing and crying. It felt
wonderful!! I used all your suggestions regarding the quote at the beginning
and the end and somewhere in between. I had Matt play "Take Me Out to the
Ballgame" at the end and everyone sang along, and I had cards made up with my
quote on them, and gave them out along with my card with my book info, and a
gold bookmarker for each attendee. Thank you for all your help!!! It made all
My thoughts: This is the kind of person who is going to be
really, really successful. She invested in the Wake 'em Up Video Professional
Speaking System to shorten her learning curve. She used the information to
get ideas and then put them into play. She used her consultation time with me to
get more ideas, and to tell her how to place them in her speech and deliver them
to get massive impact. . . . Her words tell you the results. . . . Matt and I
received a thunderous standing ovation!!
Which type of person are you? If
you are a note one person, don't buy because I'm not giving your money back and
you can use the system as a doorstop . . . pretty expensive door stop wouldn't
If you are like the note two person, order immediately and let's get
moving making you an awesome speaker. I will kill myself to try to help you
reach your goals.
You can get on the fast track to making money in the speaking business by
ordering your copy of The Wake 'em Up Video Professional Speaking System.
The cost of this course is just $997, but as an Internet marketing test and
until the deadline below, it is just $697. I think you will agree that this is a
and I'll include FREE the
Make 'em Laugh Six
Tape Audio Album and resource / room set-up checklist (an $89.95
value). Over 4 1/2 hours of advanced humor delivery training. Keep the learning
going while you are in the car or exercising. Order now and you'll get the FREE 6-tape set and have this top-notch income
generating system in about 3 days. ALSO, order today and you'll get three
phone consultations with me to personalize the information for you. One before you start. One during your studies and
one after you get through the course. I'll be your personal coach to Great
Speaking financial independence.
Just to "sweeten" the deal I will include the
following bonuses: Order by the above deadline and you will receive free the completely revised
icon book of the speaking industry Speak and Grow Rich by Dottie and Lilly
Walters.. (a $16.95 value).
Order right now and you'll also get my one-of-a-kind ebook on CD Click:
The Ultimate Guide to Electronic Marketing for Speakers. Speakers
MUST understand how to create a web presence and my book is the only one of it's
kind for the speaking industry. It's 550 pages, with over 700 links to websites
you need to know about. This CD alone will save you thousands of dollars in dumb
mistakes that speakers make when listening to web designers. One of my websites
only cost $650.00 and got Best-of-the-Web in INC Magazine. This book will
teach you exactly how I did it and will show you how you can sell your knowledge
on the web, via email courses, TelePhone Seminars and a host of other ways. (a
By the way, many people ask if I am available for consultation
or personal coaching. My hourly rate is $500.00 per hour, but most people don't
need it once they go through the course and get the three free consultations. (If you are interested in
my speaker marketing/performance consultations, email me directly at email@example.com) After you have reviewed
the system, I will be your personal coach to Great Professional Speaking. I'll help you
with any aspect of speaking you choose, whether it's marketing, delivery, speech
development, or research. I'll be right there personally making sure you are on the right
track. (and don't forget you get three free sessions included with the system)
Although I'd love to have you as a consulting client think about these
figures and see how simply purchasing the system makes the most sense. If you had me do a speech on everything in this course it would
take me two days just to cover the material and cost you nearly $17,000.00. If I
consulted with you on the phone it would cost you about $8000.00. Your small
investment in this course will reap you an outrageous return on your small
The price of this course is a painless drop in the bucket
compared to the money you are going to lose in your lifetime without this
professional level speaking and marketing know-how. Look at it this way . . .
You really cannot afford not to invest in this course.
There are three easy ways to order:
1. The fastest way to order is online.
here to order at our secure Speaker Shop.
2. Call toll-free in the continental USA 800-448-6280 (24 hours
a day, 7 days a week) Outside the US 301-459-0738
3. Order at the
Speaker Shop and
print out a faxable order form when completing your order. Fax to 301-552-0225
The course is shipped by US Priority Mail. You will receive the
course in about 3 days and can get started the same day you receive it. You can
be doubling or even tripling your profits by next week.
If you are looking for a simple Toastmasters course this is NOT
it. They have many fine clubs around the world. This is all the
"hard-core" secrets on how to truly make money in the speaking
business. I am not here to explain to you that you should reduce the number of
"ums" and "ahs" during a speech. If that's all you want,
don't buy this course. We have a non-professional version that doesn't tell you
how to make money with your speaking. This course is designed to give you all
the tricks and "insider" techniques to make some serious money selling
your knowledge and experience in the form of speeches, training sessions and
We are talking about a real-life, nuts and bolts, down-to-earth,
step-by-step system for pumping out information that makes you money . . time
and time again. Just one of the great techniques, tips and secrets could easily
pay for your whole investment many times over.
Don't put off sending your order if you're at all
interested. This information could be invaluable to your business and could be
worth many tens of thousands of dollars in future income for you and your
family. Call, fax, or order online today.
Tom Antion, President
Great Speaking, and Wake 'em Up Systems
P.S. Still not convinced you need
this "cutting edge"
home-study course? Let me give you one more reason why I think this course is
ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for anyone serious about their future in the speaking
business and why it is such a dynamite program. If you are not using The Wake 'em
Up Video Professional Speaking System, you're losing money! Remember
this discounted offer is only available until
P.P.S Guess what? This course is
most likely tax deductible as a
business expense because it is training material.